Friday, January 31, 2014

Waiting Game

My interview went really well (at least in my opinion!). Before the actual "sit down and be interrogated" portion of the interview, I was shown to an office with a computer & printer and had thirty minutes to read a scenario and write a letter in response to the situation set forth therein. I also had to proofread and edit a 4 paragraph press release. I was a little nervous at first but it was pretty simple. Since the position involves responding to requests from the public and interacting with executive members of the organization and other groups, it only makes sense that they want to make sure the person they hire can actually read and write. You never know these days!

After I completed those exercises, I interviewed with three women and, while it was all very proper and by the book, I wasn't too anxious and thought I did well. My only *negative* is that one requirement was for an applicant to have "knowledge of the policies, practices and procedures" of the organization. Well, as I said to Kevin, the organization is so unique (and there aren't all that many of them) that, really, unless someone employed by them applies for the job, there aren't too many people who would possess that particular set of skills and knowledge. However, I have enough similar experiences and knowledge from other prior positions that I should be okay. 

I sent my references in this morning and they hope to make a decision by the end of this week (today!) or early next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I hear something (and that it is positive) soon. The office was very professional and everyone was either in a suit or or very dressy business clothes. I would love to be in that environment and wouldn't be too upset about only wearing yoga pants on the weekends. Overall, the job sounded very interesting, it is definitely within my capabilities and I don't think I would ever be bored. 

Then, I came home to this...
Seriously, if you walked into our home on any given day at any given time, you would think we have a toddler (or two) running around. I need to train Chester to put his lovies back in the basket after he is done playing with them.

The itty bitty bit of snow we had prevented me from running on Wednesday so I won't make my goal of 110 miles for January. However, I ran 5 miles yesterday to put me right at 100 and plan to go out later and run at least 5 miles. Although I didn't meet my goal, it is still more miles than December and much better than my totals for last January! 

It is 25 degrees right now and, although that is *so* much warmer than what I ran in yesterday (12 degrees), I am going to wait until mid-morning when the sun will be out and it will be above freezing. Since it was so cold and the ground was covered in snow the last two weeks, I have had a really hard time with my toes freezing up almost as soon as I stepped outside - which then made for some very unpleasant runs. While the temperatures in the 10 day extended forecast are still not "warm", they are well above freezing which makes me very happy!

Have a great Friday and enjoy the last day of January! Spring is one day closer!

No comments: