Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cabin Fever

This was my view yesterday morning.
It doesn't look that much different this morning and the kids have yet another snow day off from school. We were all beginning to go a little stir crazy yesterday afternoon so today we are going out for sure. Even if it is only to the grocery store or to the mall. I wonder how Caitlynne's high-school will deal with all of these snow days and mid-term exams which were scheduled for next week. Loudoun County Public Schools, the school district immediately west of ours, has already cancelled school for the rest of the week and mid-terms for next week as well. 

I didn't get out yesterday morning to take an official measure of the snow accumulation (it was beyond cold!) but I did take this photo of the patio tabletop from the comfort of the sun-room. 
As soon as I open the door to the backyard, Chester immediately runs out, buries his head in the snow and starts eating it. 
What a goofball. But we love him. Most of the time. 
I really did not feel well all day Tuesday and we ended up having hamburgers for dinner and not the "You Won't Be Single For Long" Vodka Cream Pasta. I felt much better yesterday and finally got the dinner together.

I turned this...
Into this...
I didn't make bread (I thought that the pasta was enough) and just served a salad on the side.
I need to come up with a nice dinner for this evening and might even recruit the kids into helping with the grocery shopping and doing some prep work in the kitchen. We have plans for Friday and Saturday nights and Kevin leaves for Bangkok on Sunday so I better make tonight's dinner a good one. 

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: