Friday, January 17, 2014

Ready For The Weekend!

A little over two weeks without alcohol and this pretty much sums it up for me...
While I do miss my glass of wine, it hasn't been *all* that bad. We have been busy, busy, busy the last few weeks and since most of that being busy involves me driving the kids to or from somewhere, I really couldn't have a glass of wine anyway. I am meeting a friend for a late lunch/early happy hour this afternoon and I have already warned her that I am going to have a dirty martini, extra dirty. It has been that kind of week!

We have a crazy weekend ahead of us. Since it is nearing the end of the grading period, the kids' teachers (Caitlynne's especially) have really piled on the homework and projects. She has two projects due on Tuesday as well as three mid-terms to study for. On top of all that and the usual crew practices, basketball games and social activities, my housemate from college and her family (husband and three kids) are coming from Philadelphia for a visit. We are going to go to an American University basketball game on Saturday, attend Mass at a church near the campus and then come back to our home for dinner and the night. They are huge New England Patriots fans (her husband grew up in Boston) and will leave Sunday morning to return home in time so they can watch the play-off game. Since we are hoping Denver crushes New England in that game, it is probably just as well that they are leaving. It will be a short visit but fun to see them again and let the kids re-connect.

The "You Won't Be Single For Long" pasta did not get made last night. I was out most of the afternoon running errands and, after picking Christopher up from after school activities and running a few more errands with him, I was out of gas by the time we got home at almost 6 pm. We all had leftovers and I will try to make the pasta at some point this weekend. 

Have a great Friday!


No comments: