Saturday, January 11, 2014

Running In The Rain

Although it was a miserable run, I didn't let the rain stop me from getting out for a 6 mile run with the dogs. Between the downpours, the misting and stepping in quite a few puddles, I was absolutely soaked by the time we returned home. As were the pups.

Sonder is now parked in front of the space heater and wrapped in his blanket.
 
The rain and the cold do not bother Chester at all and he is playing with one of his loveys.
After a hot shower, I had a bowl of leftover Loaded Baked Potato Soup (even better a day or two later!) for breakfast and am now warmed up and ready to begin my day. Caitlynne has crew practice, Christopher has a basketball game and Kevin has several boxes of Christmas decorations to store in the attic. The trees are still up but now I have an excuse as I just ordered from amazon.com the storage bags for the trees and organizer/boxes for the ornaments so I *really* can't do anything until those arrive either Monday or Tuesday. 

Tonight is pizza night so I am excused from the kitchen. Tomorrow, I am going to make another loaf of the Soutine's Rosemary Whole Wheat bread with, hopefully, better results. As I was cleaning up the kitchen the other night, I noticed that I had used wheat germ instead of the wheat bran that the recipe called for. I am not sure what impact, if any, that would have had on the bread but I will buy a jar of wheat bran today. 

For our dinner tomorrow night, I am making this recipe that a friend recently shared on facebook.

Mustard Balsamic Baked Chicken Recipe

Prep Time: 40 min.
Cooking Time: 1h. 20 min.
Ingredients
8 boneless chicken thighs;
1 tbsp. Dijon or homemade mustard;
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar;
1/2 cup of olive oil;
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice;
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced;
1 garlic clove, minced;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;

Preparation
In a bowl, combine the mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Slowly pour the olive oil in with the mixture while whisking.
Place the chicken in a marinating container (glass or plastic; don’t use metal) and pour the mustard balsamic marinade on top. Place in the refrigerator or leave on the counter, covered, and marinate for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and empty the remaining sauce on top.
Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.
I plan to roast carrots, potatoes and onions to serve with it and will also prepare a green salad.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: