Saturday, April 20, 2013

Say Cheese!

Yay for the weekend! It wouldn't be an early Saturday morning trip to the orthodontist without a water buffalo sighting! 

I stayed up much later than I should have watching the pathetic bits of news that we get here via the Armed Forces Network. My heart goes out to the people in Boston - those affected by the bombings at the marathon, the shooting at MIT and the injuries sustained during the pursuit and capture of the 2nd suspect. I was relieved to see on the news that the suspect was been taken into custody earlier today with serious injuries. I will keep this post politically correct and won't comment on my hope (or, rather, lack thereof) for his recovery. This is certainly one of those times when it is a struggle to have my thoughts and words (in discussions with the kids) reflect the tenets of my faith. 

It was difficult for me to watch the news as the situation brought back many horrible memories from when we lived in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area and endured several weeks of terror wrought by the Beltway Snipers in the Fall of 2002. A couple of their shootings were close to our home and it was very unnerving and scary time, never knowing where or when the next attack would occur. I do hope, with the capture of the suspect, that Boston can now begin to recover and heal from the terrible of events of the last week. 

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: