Monday, April 29, 2013

Gorgeous Summer Day

It was hot and humid today but the sky was a beautiful blue with a few puffy white clouds and the Royal Poinciana trees looked magnificent against that backdrop.
 
A cluster of flowers on a bougainvillea bush.
I found this blossom by our neighborhood pool. I have no idea what kind of a plant it is growing on. It looks very similar to a banana blossom but, in addition to being a different color, it was growing up and not down. 
 
Saturday night, I went with a group of friends to The Wine Loft (for those in Bangkok - the one on Sukhumvit Soi 31). Last November (!), our group won a voucher from The Wine Loft for being the best dressed table at the Melbourne Cup luncheon and Saturday night was our night to celebrate. 

We had a private room upstairs.

 
We had a very nice time. The wine (Merlot & Cabernet from Italy and Chardonnay & Sauvignon  Blanc from Australia) and the food (tapas and fruit & cheese plates) were excellent. 

The two red wines...

 The two white wines.

Unfortunately, the service was also impeccable (we had a server dedicated to our group) and I didn't see the bottom of my wine glass the entire evening. Which I paid for dearly yesterday!

I began this week pretty stressed out and it doesn't look like it is going to ease. Caitlynne had some 8th grade girl drama at the end of last week and over the weekend which wasn't fun to hear about & deal with. I will never understand how some of these girls can act so horribly and say such mean, hurtful things to their "friends" at such a young age. Then again, I see how their mothers behave and realize that the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Fortunately, Caitlynne is a strong and confident girl and doesn't dwell too much on what the "mean girls" say and do. In fact, sometimes I think it upsets me more than her (as evidenced by this rant!). 

Thankfully, Kevin returns late Thursday night and that always seem to make everything better. Or, at least puts it all in perspective. I have the movers coming Thursday afternoon to do the survey for our move so Pee and I have been sorting and organizing and getting rid of tons of stuff. She is taking a lot of it - I think she turns around and sells it on the street but I really don't care at this point. I just want it out of my house! 

Have a great Monday!

No comments: