Thursday, April 4, 2013

Intentions

Yesterday morning, right before I began to write this post, I went into Caitlynne's room to put away some laundry. The state of her room literally took my breath away and there went my day. I love my daughter dearly but, to my dismay (and frustration), she and I are on opposite ends of the neatness spectrum. Four hours and three trash bags later, her room was clean, I was exhausted (and in a foul mood) and blogging was just not going to happen. So, a day late but here is the post. 

I was so happy to log on to washingtonpost.com and see this photo and the news that the Nationals won their season opening game. Christopher is looking forward to going to a few games after our return (hint, hint, Uncle Jim!) and it makes it much easier to be a fan if the Nationals are having a good season. 
(I couldn't find the photography credits for the picture but here is the link to the original story).

The situation with North Korea and our proximity to that region (as well as Thailand being an ally of the U.S.) has me very nervous. Reading (again on washingtonpost.com) that North Korea has "blamed Washington for its “hostile” policy and said its resentment toward the United States has reached an “irrepressible phase” does not make me feel very comfortable. Christopher is writing a story for his Humanities class about North Korea using biological warfare to terrorize the U.S. and he has been researching North Korea's leaders and its history. It is interesting to hear his observations on these current events and then discussing with him the various scenarios that might result should North Korea make good on its threats or if the U.S. (and/or China) take action first. 

Although it seems like he just got here, Kevin returns to the U.S. on Sunday until early May. Christopher has a volleyball game (or is it a match?) this afternoon so Kevin is coming home early to watch and then take us all out to dinner. We realized this weekend that if he didn't come to this game, he wouldn't get to see Christopher play at all this season. 

In other news, summer is here for sure! I saved the screenshot below right before I went out to walk Sonder this morning. 86 degrees (feels like 96)  and 75% humidity at 5:00 am. I have cut my runs back to four or five miles and am trying to run 5 days a week to keep my mileage at 20+ miles/week. I don't like running five days a week but I just can't run more than 45 or 50 minutes in this heat and humidity. My Achilles Tendon was a little sore for the last couple of weeks so I decided to give it a rest and didn't run at all while we were in Singapore. It was the right thing to do because, so far I have run 3 times this week and it feels fine.  
Bangkok, Thailand Weather Updated: Apr 4, 2013, 2:30am  Local Time
NEXT
Ten Day Forecast
TEN DAY FORECAST
Today
  • Apr 4

    Sunny
    96°F
    81°F
    Sunny

    FriApr 5

    Partly Cloudy
    99°
    81°
    Partly Cloudy

    SatApr 6

    Mostly Sunny
    100°
    82°
    Mostly Sunny

    SunApr 7

    Partly Cloudy
    100°
    83°
    Partly Cloudy

  • MonApr 8

    Cloudy
    97°
    83°
    Cloudy
  • CHANCE OF Hav

No comments: