Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Santa found us in Thailand!
Sonder posing in front of the Christmas tree.
He even laid down when I told him to - which rarely happens. He probably thought he was going to get a treat (his only motivation for doing anything).
My other boy.
If anyone ever wonders how my parents feel about Kevin, I would say the proof is in the Christmas stockings (made by my mom). Kevin's has got to be 3x the size of mine!
 Even the kids' stockings are bigger than mine. Hmm...
Sonder was calm at first.

And then he he started to play with his Christmas toy and got a little wild. 
 
 
And then the other boy started to get a little crazy too.
Our Christmas Tradition - a champagne toast and then we open our gifts.

 Loot from my (tiny) stocking.
 From Caitlynne and Christopher.
 From Caitlynne and Christopher.
I cannot wait to wear these! 
 My friend, Jane, in Miami, always sends me beautiful cocktail napkins. These are so pretty!
Christopher in his new hat which sure will come in handy later this week when we are in China. The temperature in Beijing is currently 21 degrees! Brr.
All of the excitement wiped out Sonder. 
 A pretty rainbow on his fur created by an ornament on the tree...

Christmas Brunch. 
Everyone was very happy with their gifts - Santa was very good to us this year for sure! The kids just went up to school with Kevin to hit in the batting cages for a while. The weather is just perfect! It was a cool 73 degrees this morning but I resisted all temptation to run and just walked Sonder very early. We will be lounging around for the rest of the afternoon and I will be making lists of what I need to pack for our trip to China. We leave on Thursday and I really haven't given much thought to the trip yet. 

I am cooking Christmas dinner this evening - steaks on the grill, baked potatoes (and a baked sweet potato for me), glazed carrots, salad and homemade bread (which I need to get started on).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and is able to celebrate with family and friends!

Merry Christmas.

No comments: