Saturday, September 21, 2013

Not A Mathematician

My run was a success! 

However, thanks to some funky math on my part, I ended up running 9 miles instead of the 8 miles I planned on. As I was running along this morning, I mapped out a route that, at 7.5 miles into my run, would put me at a spot that I know is 1.5 miles from our home. And, since we all know that 7.5 plus 1.5 equals 8, I would get my planned mileage in. I realized my goof when I looked at my Garmin about 5 minutes after I passed the 7.5 mile mark and saw 8.12 miles as the distance I had run. Oops.
Oh well. I got the mileage in and that was the important thing. Even with all of my preparations and planning, I was a little worried last night about how the run would go. Yesterday afternoon, I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold - lots of nasal and chest congestion and a lot of coughing. I tried to take an afternoon nap but couldn't fall asleep and I didn't sleep too well at night either. I got up this morning and thought that I would just run as best I could for as long as I could and not worry too much about it. I was pleasantly surprised. 

Caitlynne and I are going to a trunk/fashion show at Jan's early this afternoon and then I plan to come home and take a nice long nap. I am totally wiped out and we have a party to go to tonight so I need to recharge my batteries. At least the run is done and I can sleep in tomorrow if I want to. 

I am doing some organizing before the movers come with our stuff in less than 10 days (!) and found my camera with these photos that were taken on our last night in Thailand and in the morning we left Thailand.

We had pizza and drinks with a group of Christopher's friends the night before we left. I love these kids! 
 Saying good-bye. Sniff, Sniff.
Caitlynne and Christopher with our sweet PeePorn. She made arrangements to stay with a friend in Nichada the night before we left so she could come to our home at 3 am and say good-bye to us. 
 Kevin and I with PeePorn. I cannot tell you how much we all miss her!
 Sonder in his crate at the airport.

In the lounge before boarding our flight. I remember how excited we all were to be going home!

 Sonder and his first night in the U.S. 
Have a great Saturday! 

No comments: