Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Night Into Day

My run this morning was horrible. Each step was a struggle - mentally and physically - and I just barely made it to 3 1/2 miles. I downloaded the new Tim McGraw album over the weekend and concentrated on listening to those new songs while I pushed through. Any other day, I would have thrown in the towel at mile .25. However, I didn't run Monday or Tuesday and knew I needed to pound the pavement to work off all of the bread and pasta that I have been inhaling eating lately. Note to self: do not make pasta and bread on the same day. Or in the same week. Especially when dear husband is gone and there is no one around to eat it except YOU! Our netball matches last night were a little intense and my quads and shoulders were sore which didn't help things at all. 

The one (and only) good thing about my run was looking up and seeing this sight.
 
  
So beautiful!

A few hours later, the sky had changed dramatically and this was the sight from my balcony...


Aren't I lucky to have such a nice view of utility wires and a construction site? The photo below is a view  of the same area when we first moved here in July 2011.


Things have changed a little!

It is going to be another scorcher today. Fortunately, I was able to run all of my errands yesterday so I don't need to be out and about today. In fact, I am taking an Indian Cooking class later this morning so I will be in air conditioning for the hottest part of the day. 

The Indian Cooking class was offered through the ISB PTA's Adult Education Program for the Spring Session. I signed up for the Indian Cooking class as well as for classes in Floral Arranging and Jewelry Making. I told my friends that I am exploring a variety of activities and hope I like one enough to pursue a new career when we move back to the U.S. Today is the Indian Cooking class and the Floral Arranging classes begin tomorrow. Unfortunately, not enough people signed up for the Jewelry Making class and it was canceled. However, the instructor is a friend of mine and she said she will work with me privately.

This is the menu for our Indian Cooking class today:

Palak Paneer (Spinach with cottage cheese)               
Chicken curry
Daal (lentil soup)
Rice & Roti (wholewheat pitta)

The instructor is Indian and she has degrees from Le Cordon Bleu and the Leiths School of Food and Wine in the UK. I liked the little bit of Indian food that I have tried and am interested to learn about some of the spices and seasonings used.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: