Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Be Safe. Run On.

It is hard to believe that it has been over a year since Sherry Arnold was abducted and killed in Sidney, Montana (you can read her story here). This weekend will be the 2nd Annual Run for Sherry. If you would like to participate the link above will also link you to a printable version of the race bib. 
Sunday morning, not only did I bust out a new pair of running shoes but I ran mile 1301 in my transcontinental run and ended up here...
1301.0 mi - "7.46 mi to Centerville, MO", Reynolds County
"Section: 9 Map Name: Black River, 110"
The funny thing is that the section of road in the photo above looks just like a section of the street in New York on which my parents live. 

Here is my progress through Missouri.
I am still running without any knee pain or other issues and I am being very careful not to run more than 4 times a week or more than 20 miles a week. I run on the track at ISB a lot more and also on the "cross country" trail that goes around the perimeter of the school's property. I think running on those softer surfaces really reduces the stress on my knees and ankles.  Whatever works. 

Christopher left for his field trip early this morning. His class is going to Kaeng Krachan and they will return Friday afternoon. This is the same place Caitlynne's class went to last year and that I posted about here.
This is probably the worst photo I have ever posted. Ignore his glowing eyes.Christopher hates when I "need" to take a photo and will only allow me a very brief moment to "capture the memory" (as I tell him). Usually, I just grab my phone and hope for the best. Most of the time I can get a photo that, with a little editing, is generally acceptable but clearly that did not happen this morning. 

I am dropping Sonder at the groomer's for a spa day & sleepover and will drive downtown to meet Kevin for lunch. While he is at work in the afternoon, I will do some shopping and check us into our hotel. We still haven't figured out where we are going for dinner. Kevin is going to ask around in his office and get some ideas. 

Have a great Wednesday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i have been following your blog for a while. I am interested to know more about your run the world posts. Is this a challenge on a website or something you are doing for your own motivation.

I think it's fantastic by the way.

I had also not heard of Sherry Arnold and felt very sad reading about what happened to her. Do you know if there are any local Nichada runners wearing the bibs and running together this weekend?

ps: I also love your posts on the books you read...just in case you have some more recommendations :)