Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Whole Lot Of Nothing

Yes, that is exactly what this post is!  There has been so much happening here and I feel like I am constantly on the go from morning until night.  However, each night, when Kevin asks me what I did that day, I really have to strain my brain to think of exactly what I did do!  I am sure he is convinced that I sit at home and eat bon-bons all day.  I wish.  

Caitlynne's softball team photo.
My draperies are finished and hung.  I am so pleased with how they look and they really make the house very warm and cozy.  The time and energy I spent searching for a fabric online was definitely worth it.  Would anyone like to guess how long it took my dear husband to notice them?!?

The dining room.  
 The view with the sheers opened.
Close ups of the fabric. 
The family room.
What else has been going on?  Monday was a holiday in Thailand for the royal funeral ceremony of the King's first cousin, Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda Sirisobhabannavadi. The Princess passed away in July 2011 and laid in state until she was cremated on Monday. During the funeral ceremony, over 200 Thai soldiers in traditional dress pulled a gilded royal chariot carrying the urn with the Princess' ashes in a procession through Bangkok. Pee Porn and her sister went to the ceremony and she said it was very crowded but a nice ceremony to honor the Princess.  
These photos are courtesy of NICOLAS ASFOURI/AFP/Getty Images.

Friday begins the holiday of Song Kran, which I posted about here.  The Embassy is closed Friday and Monday and the kids also begin eight days of Spring vacation. Apparently the water throwing is the worst on Friday although it continues, to a lesser extent, through Monday.  I have heard that it gets pretty crazy and wet in and around Nichada so I will stock up on bread, milk and toilet paper and do a lot of reading, movie watching and computer work during that time.  I am sure the kids will be out with their friends getting soaked and soaking others.    

We are leaving early Sunday morning to drive to Pattaya for a few days at the Centara Grand Resort.  The kids and I went here with some friends in late October/early November (read about our first visit here and see some photos I posted here) but this will be Kevin's first visit.  We will return Tuesday afternoon and then Kevin will leave for a few weeks of business travel to the U.S.   

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: