Thursday, April 5, 2012

So Cute!

I was able to get to the Babies' Home for a second visit with Say Jon this week.  The British Women's Club sponsors a shuttle for volunteers from downtown on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.  I usually try to go on those days so I can chat with the other Western women while we care for the babies.  However, tomorrow and Monday are holidays here and Kevin needs the car so, since my schedule was open, I went.  There were a few Thai volunteers there but they kept to themselves.  

I finally was brave enough to give Say Jon a bath.  Although he does look a little terrified in the photo below, he really did not seem to mind my VERY rusty infant bathing skills.
Here he is clean and sweet smelling!  He was chomping on either a finger or a fist (sometimes both!) from the time I picked him up at the nursery until I took him back.  I felt around to see if he had any teeth coming in but didn't see or feel anything.  He wasn't grumpy so I am not sure what was going on.
 
He found his feet today and tried to get those in his mouth as well!
 
It is so nice to spend time with him - he is such a happy baby and loves to be held. 

We are gearing up for a busy weekend here.  The silver lining to all of the busy-ness is that by 5.00 pm on Saturday, baseball and softball will be finished for the year!  Yay! We will have our weekends back - at least until basketball and track begin at the end of April. Caitlynne has a playoff game for softball tomorrow night.  If her team wins, they will have to play again on Saturday.  Christopher's team plays their championship game Saturday morning.  

Have a great Thursday!    

No comments: