Monday, October 28, 2013

Out With The Old

And in with the new!
The windows for the sun-room were delivered late Friday afternoon and today Mimmo and Dan are installing them. And repairing a lot of water damage they discovered when they removed a portion of the siding. Sigh.
The vanity for the powder room will be delivered tomorrow. That means I need to hang the wallpaper TONIGHT. I really should have done it over the weekend when Kevin was around to help but all of my thoughts were with Pete and I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate properly so I didn't bother. I will give it a go tonight and, fingers crossed, hope it all goes well.

Pete had a mega chemo treatment and was released on Friday to go home with hospice care. His doctors were fearful of giving him that treatment because they were not sure how his body would react. Yet another small miracle was bestowed upon him and he has regained some use of his vocal chords, is able to swallow better and is in less pain. He is now enjoying the quality time that he so desperately wanted with his family and friends. If he is able to have visitors, I hope to take the train up later this week and spend some time with him. 

Have a great Monday!

No comments: