Thursday, January 3, 2013

Made It To Missouri

I just crossed into Missouri at Mile 1231.5 and am almost iOzora, Missouri, (Ste. Genevieve County). Only about 800 more miles until I am at the halfway point of this Transcontinental Run and only 2,831.50 miles left until I reach the finish line of the Pacific Ocean! 
It is going to take me a while to cross through Missouri. 
I am progressing nicely across the United States.
In 2012, I ran a total of 1,116.50 miles. Granted, I ran most of those miles before mid-August and before I suffered my knee injury. I have been running the last few weeks without any aches and pains so I hope 2013 will be an injury-free year for me. As long as I can make it through the rest of our time here and get back to the U.S. without any more injuries that prevent me from running, I will be happy. The running surfaces in Virginia are so much better for my joints and the weather (for the most part) makes it so much more enjoyable to run. I am already thinking about the routes for my first few runs when we are back in Fairfax. I found out (through Facebook of all places) that a group of moms in my neighborhood formed a running group so I hope that I will be able to join in with them a couple of times a week. 

In December 2009, I began keeping an on-line running log using a tool on RunnersWorld.com. Since December 2009, I have run a total of 5,305.3 miles! Wow! If I had begun to run this Transcontinental Run when I first started keeping the log, I would be almost 1,250 miles into the Pacific Ocean. 

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Kevin-the-Elder said...

Looks like you will be passing through Butte and Missoula, Montana on your virtual way west. Keep your eyes out for Cassidy's as I have discovered a previously unknown branch of the family living in Montana!