Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Big Changes Ahead

I received wonderful news in the form of a JOB OFFER yesterday afternoon! Yippee! On February 18th, I will begin work for the Fairfax County School Board as a part-time employee. I will work Monday through Friday, 8:30 am until 12:30 am. While I am not thrilled about working every day (I had hoped to work 20 hours over 4 days), at least this schedule will let me see Caitlynne and Christopher off to school before I head into my office. (My office. I love saying that!). Lest Kevin or the kids begin to panic, I will still have plenty of time in the afternoons to run errands, clean, do laundry, and make dinner. On a good day, I might even be able to squeeze in a nap! 

Anyone who knows me knows that this job is right up my alley. I will be primarily responsible for organizing and maintaining the official archives of the minutes of all of the Board's meetings as well as any historical records related to the school system. I will also coordinate the logistics of the bi-monthly Board meetings as well as committee meetings and other events. I see myself as sort of a librarian/event planner. Add in the political aspect (our school board members are elected) and I am over the moon! I am glad that I don't start work right away as I need a couple of weeks to get used to the idea and to think about/plan for how my working is going to impact our family life. 

Although all four of us ate at different times, we had another wonderful dinner - Sloppy Joe Sliders - last night.
In addition to throwing in a large chopped green pepper, I increased the amount of carrots, onions and meat from what the recipe called for. I forgot to get all of the stuff for a salad when I was at the grocery store so I just added more veggies to the main dish instead.Sneaky, I know. 
 

Ready to eat!
A thumb's up from one of my harshest critics!
We had a significant accumulation of ice overnight so the kids are currently on a two hour delay. I cannot remember the last time they were in school for a full week. Crazy times!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: