Friday, December 20, 2013

A Friday Funny

In keeping with the holiday season...
Coincidentally, Kevin ended up with a boxed wine from his office holiday party. (I initially wrote that sentence to read "Kevin ended up with a box of wine from his office holiday party" but realized that wording was a bit misleading). He assured me that the man who gifted the wine had done some research on boxed wines and whatever Kevin ended up with is supposed to be the best of them. Does being the best of the worst mean anything? 

Anyway, Kevin had his hands full last night and could not carry it home so he will bring it with him tonight. If we are strong enough to resist the temptation to sample it (ha!), we will share the love and save it for when my parents are here next week. The more that drink, the faster it will go! 

I am finishing up the last of my Christmas shopping this afternoon and hope to begin wrapping everything tonight or tomorrow. Since both of the kids' birthdays are just days before Christmas, many years ago we decided we would buy each a "big ticket" item for their birthday and smaller, less expensive gifts for Christmas. This has worked out really well for us although as the kids get older, those big ticket items sure become expensive. 

I had a great six mile run this morning. My goal is to run 30 miles this week (for the first time in a LONG time) and I now have 12 miles left to run over the weekend. Our temperatures are supposed to be in the mid-70's on Sunday and I am looking forward to running those miles in nice weather. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of winter!

After my run, I enjoyed another beautiful sunrise.
Have a great Friday!

No comments: