Sunday, August 25, 2013

Early Morning Run

Kevin and I were up and out the door early this morning to get in a run around Burke Lake before going to Mass.

We began our run at the boat launch on the Western side of the Lake. It was a beautiful morning and a very pleasant 63 degrees when we began.
 The Northern end of the Lake (looking South). 
 There were a lot of very loud Canadian Geese in this area.
On the Eastern shore of the Lake (through the trees). 
I loved the area in the photo below. As we ran through this area, the Thai expression, "same same but different" came to mind. The trees and vegetation around the Lake were as lush and green as in Thailand but my running experience here couldn't have been more different! 
Looking North from the Southern end of the Lake. 
Post run in the parking lot. 

The loop that we ran this morning was 4.5 miles, giving me a total of 23 miles for the week. This was my fifth run this week - I don't like to run 5 days a week but until I increase my daily mileage, it can't be avoided. Next weekend I will begin training for the Army 10-Miler so my weekly long run (currently at 6 miles) will be increasing and, hopefully, I can drop that 5th day soon.  

The moon was still visible when we finished. 
 Have a great Sunday!

No comments: